What it takes to get your home sold!
It is still a “hot” market, as inventory is low and demand remains high, this is the ideal seller’s market. Yet, your house remains on the market months later, unsold. Selling a house is a bit more complex than one would think, hiring a real estate professional, REALTOR®, is especially important. Even in a seller’s market, it is important to choose the right real estate professional to get your house sold as well as setting the right price and get out of the way. Here are a few guidelines to get your house sold quickly, for the best price—and not have it sit on the market for a long time…
- Your REALTOR®. Finding a REALTOR® who is familiar with your neighborhood and up to date on market conditions is a good start. It is a good idea to make sure you and your REALTOR® are compatible. A REALTOR® is a real estate agent who is a member of the National Association of REALTORS® (N.A.R.), state and local associations. REALTORS® must uphold N.A.R. strict code of ethics, partially based on the “golden rules.” Not all real estate agents are REALTORS®.
- It is priced too high. No one is willing to pay more for your house, if they know a similar house is available at a more competitive price. Period. Full stop. Do your homework and discuss with your REALTOR® what is the best price to set on your property.
- Your home is too personalized. First impressions are important. When buyers enter a home, they want to be able to see themselves living in that house. If there are photos of the current owners displaying their lives scattered at every turn throughout the home, then you are most likely to lose any chance of capturing that buyer. Buyers will do a quick walk through and off to the next house.
- Not convenient to show. If trying to view your property becomes a game of Clue, then you will remain clueless as buyers get frustrated quickly and loose interest in your property.
- Something stinks. The last thing anyone wants is to enter a home with foul odor. Whether it is from smoking, pets or lacking in cleanliness, if your REALTOR® tells you it stinks, listen and remedy the situation urgently and immediately—this cannot and should not be delayed.
Keep in mind though, to get your house sold quickly for the highest price in the shortest amount of time and to attract qualified buyers, you will need to hire a REALTOR® that will guide you in the most efficient and effective manner, so you can get your house sold and move on to the next stage in your life. According to N.A.R. 2017 Profile of Home Buyers & Sellers, FSBO usually sell for less than the selling price of other homes represented by a real estate professional. So, if selling your house is important to you, then you must act now. The longer you allow your house to sit on the market, the more likely its perceived value– in the mind of a buyer, steadily diminishes.
“Those that know, do. Those that understand, teach.” – Aristotle